Go, tell … – Day 15
“Mary”! Her first reaction was to embrace him. Hearing him call her by her name, must have caused her heart to jump with joy. Jesus calls her by name without identifying her with the place she comes from – Magdala. He recognizes her for who she is and not where she is from.
1. What is the first thing Mary tells the disciples?
2. Why, do you think, Mary was the first person whom Jesus appeared to?
3. Is it possible that she was the “beloved disciple”? (See John 1:37-40).
4. “Rabboni”! Her immediate reaction was to reach out and hug him as she used to. But Jesus has a mission, and so does she. “Go … go tell …”
5. Go! Tell … What is your mission in a context where violence is perpetrated against women – just because they are women?