See this woman? – Day 14
Jesus at the Home of Simon the Pharisee
Here Jesus is having dinner at the house of Simon, the Pharisee. When Jesus ‘accepts’ the touch of an unnamed woman, it disturbs Simon so much that he thinks Jesus could not be a prophet or an honourable man.
1. Jesus tells Simon a story. What is it that Simon is supposed to learn from it?
2. Simon does not know that Jesus is a prophet. Do you think the woman knows?
3. See this woman? What new picture of her emerge from Jesus’ interaction with her and Simon?
4. What is it that demonstrated the woman’s faith?
5. Can you think of ways to demonstrate faith through being hospitable in your own context?